Tuesday 11 April 2017

The start of the PSSA 2017 season - The Great Orme

A mixed weekend really, but I maidened 3 aircraft that went well - the U2-S, Fouga, and the little A4.  The A4 needed a lot of up-trim, but stayed up in reasonably light lift which was nice.  I donked the landing a bit and split the nose along the line where there was a crack already from my test chucks in the garden, so an easy fix.

The Fouga flew out and away with zero trim required, but ideally needs a steel spar.  I know that John reassured me that all is ok with the glass version, but to see the wings "flap" up and down as you pass through turbulence isn't confidence inspiring, so I'll get one made up at work.

The U2 went very well indeed - my C of G calcs seemed spot on.  It was perhaps a little blowy for her, as she just kept climbing.  Full crow brake produced a steady reversing to the slope which I was very happy with.  The landing was uneventful, but another flap horn has pulled loose.

Photos to follow at some point.

Oh, and Google prompted me with some domain name choices this morning, so once they have filtered through the DNS, this blog will be reachable from www.thewanderingsoarer.co.uk and www.thewanderingsoarer.com shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment