Monday 31 October 2016

Ilyushin IL-102 and Fouga build updates

I had to have a quick break from modelling as I needed to go to Germany for a couple of days with work, but I got back in the swing of things quickly on Sunday. 

Here is the new servo tray, at last mounted in the Fouga, complete with two servos :


I've never seen a model Fouga with a decent nose light, so I trimmed mine down with a razor saw, then drilled out the micro-balloons therein to accept my new Flytron unit.  Here you can see the bubble lens that covers is in the background :


I have got some pics of the unit on in the nose - but I can't find them.  I will try and upload them when I can. Here is a picture of the nose with the lens epoxied on.  It needs a quick clean up as the sticky stuff from some tape is left on there, but you should get the idea :



The Ilyushin now has its wings joined, ready for torque rods then covering :


No comments:

Post a Comment