Friday 1 April 2016

The beginning of the end for PSS and me

I'm pretty sure now that the C17 will be my last PSS build, and I'll just fly and repair the current stable until they are all too heavy to fly from repairs, or lost out to sea.  I might make and buy a few moulded aircraft along the way, but it's too much investment in time and money to find a hill good enough to fly PSS on 3 or 4 times a year.

So, with that in mind, here is my first IC model in nearly 25 years - a lovely all-balsa 50" Focke Wulf 190.


Someone has really gone to town on this with lots of lovely hand-crafted aluminium parts like main and tail retracts, wing joining boxes, engine mounts etc.  It's about the right scale to use parts from the Tony Nijhuis version should fit OK.

I'm now on the look out for a .52 to .60 four-stroke.  Oily times ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment